Welcome! The purpose of this guide is to help you find books, journal articles, databases, websites, and other useful information relevant to the University of Mississippi English programs.
Subject Specific Databases
- The Dictionary of Old English (DOE) defines the vocabulary of the first six centuries (C.E. 600-1150) of the English language. Includes links to the Oxford English Dictionary.
Full Text Tutorial Available
- This database is an essential resource for readers seeking short stories by author or genre, or for those researching a body of work of a literary figure. Short Story Index provides detailed indexing for hundreds of thousands of short stories, as well as full text for thousands of stories.
Not Full Text Tutorial Available
Related, Multidisciplinary and General Databases
- A fulltext database spanning academic disciplines with coverage of popular press and scholarly publications, including peer-reviewed journals.
- Includes journal content, primary sources, images, and more across the humanities, social sciences, and sciences.
- Includes all data from the Humanities International Index plus unique full text content, much of which is not found in other databases. Provides full text access to more than 1,200 journals.
- Full text articles from more than 200 scholarly journals in the humanities, the social sciences, and the sciences.